- Post a response to the Question of the Day in your own words.
- Use complete sentences, use proper grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Include the proper citation for at least one source.
- Write at least 5 complete sentences.
• What Has Technology Fixed Since 9/11? (Tech Review)
• How have the 9/11 attacks reshaped U.S. privacy debate?
• Can we count on cell networks in disasters?
Question of the Day:
What effects has 9/11 had on our communication infrastructure? Possible a more robust internet?
Is the growth of social networks, reaction to 9/11? Or, "The response to a fearful and atomized society?"
Privacy. Let's talk about the change in law enforcement from targeted, warrant-based surveillance to drift-net data collection and mining. Can this be unwound, politically or technologically?
What are the changes in materials science or engineering?
Is there a greater commitment to funding for technology?
Given the tech we have now, could it happen again? Will we ever feel safe again? Why or why not?