Search for the definition for the Word of the Day and define it in your own words.
Do Now: Read: Is Your Smartphone, Tablet Safe From Online Threats?
Question of the Day: Are Smartphones and Tablets safe from Online Threats?
Click on the Comic Life Icon
Write and illustrate three advertising taglines on Comic life to promote Internet safety. For example:Word of the Day: Cybercrimes - Write your own definition.
- "How much is too much personal information?"
- "Play the game; don't get played."
- "Think before you Post"
- Identity theft
- Too much time spent online
- Spreading rumors and gossip
- Posting pictures of someone without consent
- Stealing passwords to assume identities
- Cyber Bullying
- Cyber Safety
- Using the World Wide Web and a blog, students will research the importance of public presence online (digital footprint), write/edit and create articles and features relating to, with a student performance at the basic level or above and 65% on writing rubric.
a variety of multimedia texts and videos, students will analyze online
profiles and digital privacy in writing, with a student performance at
the basic level or above and 65% on writing rubric.
Students will read, discuss and analyze information from articles on the positive and negative online images, then create an authentic and positive image of themselves online using written (Blog post), graphic, pictorial, or multi-media methods, with a student performance at the basic level or above and 6 out of 12 on the project rubric.
- Students will watch videos on Information Privacy and complete an assessment with 65% or better.